Yes, you read it right! The glittering iconic tower will be taller than Burj Khalifa as per Emaar Properties Chairman Mr. Mohamed Alabbar announced today in the press conference.
Inspired by Islamic architectural design, The Tower will be an engineering wonder due to its sleek-slender design, the mesh-like structure around it and its epic size.
The tower’s design was already approved by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice President of UAE and prime minister and Ruler of Dubai and it will be as great as Eiffel Tower & Burj Khalifa. It is due to open at the time Dubai hosts World Expo in 2020.
Why Dubai Creek Harbour?
- Dubai Creek Harbour, a new world-class, waterfront destination at Dubai Creek, was launched in October 2014 as a joint venture between Emaar Properties and Dubai Holding.
- A master-planned, mixed-use development, comprising nine districts with a fully integrated transport system and major cultural offerings, all within lo minutes’ drive from Downtown Dubai and a mere 15 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport.
- Dubai Creek Harbour will bring a distinctive new urban lifestyle to Dubai comprising residential villas, apartments and serviced apartments, hotels, retail, dining and leisure areas.
- Planned on an Open site, it combines the city with the natural contours of Dubai Creek while incorporating the neighbouring Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary, home to around 450 animal species.
- Developed using cutting-edge techniques to minimise its environmental impact, Dubai Creek Harbour uses solar power and water purification systems, and an eco-tram connects the two sides of the creek.
- Residents will able to enjoy the glistening waterfront, a major museum and cutting-edge cultural facilities. Residents will be able to escape from the stresses of city life in green parks and gardens and a wild life sanctuary that has been created to accommodate the nature of the creekside.
- With so much to explore, pedestrian walkways and cycle paths, a tramline, city bus routes and even the Dubai Metro, ensure you can crisscross Dubai Creek Harbour with ease.